Job Title: Field Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Operations
Approved Date: 11/4/2015
Supervise/perform the restoration of residential and commercial properties that have been damaged by water, smoke, fire, debris or other methods of damage. Supervise/perform other specialty services as required. Supervise/perform restoration services that equal or exceed company and customer quality standards. Perform marketing tasks to sell additional services or develop additional business as required. Two positions are currently available, one in Construction and one in Mitigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Verify that all assigned tasks and paperwork have been thoroughly completed by service technicians. Certify that all technicians have followed proper procedures and confirm all job requirements have been performed. Report any related issues immediately.
2. Drive a company vehicle to locations designated by customers. Load and unload equipment and supplies from the vehicle to the work site. Clear the work site by moving furniture and equipment and restore the work site to the original configuration when the job is complete.
3. Perform restoration that involves specialized cleaning and repair of floors, ceiling, and drywall. Access all areas and surfaces that need to be cleaned, dried and deodorized. Apply EPA registered and approved disinfectant as required. Performa all work to meet or exceed applicable federal, state and local regulations and company and customer quality standards.
4. Supervise/perform regular cleaning services on an as needed basis.
5. Establish and maintain a service schedule to ensure all service is delivered to meet customer requirements.
6. Follow all Environmental Protection Agency and other applicable federal, state and local regulations for disposal of waste water and chemicals.
7. Comply with all verbal and written safety practices including the use and maintenance of personal protective equipment. Read and comprehend all applicable MSDS’s for chemicals that require special handling and use of Personal Protective Equipment
8. Maintain all assigned vehicles and equipment to company published standards.
9. Solicit current customers for leads to develop leads for new customers.
10. Develop new business by calling on individuals and businesses in response to leads generated from calls made by the Customer Service Representative and referrals from customers and others.
11. Perform other duties as required. These duties may include job functions that are outside the scope of normal job duties.
Directly supervise 1 to 5 employees in the Restoration Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Be computer literate and able to use spreadsheets and word processors from standard software packages.
2. Proficient in the use of Xactimate is desired.
3. Functional understanding of smart phones.
4. Aptitude for learning new technology and software easily.
EDUCATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED equivalent; and up to 5 years of related experience or training; or combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license appropriate to the equipment operated. Prefer to have the following certifications: WRT, ASD, FSRT.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals and at times will be required to wear a respirator and protective clothing.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to .