Job Title: Service Technician
Reports To: Director of Operations
Approved Date: 11/4/2015
Restore carpets, upholstery and draperies that have been damaged by water, smoke, fire, debris or other methods of damage. Perform other specialty services as required. Perform restoration services that meet The Clean Trust IICRC standards. Perform marketing tasks to sell additional services or develop additional business as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Drive a company vehicle to locations designated by customers. Load and unload equipment and supplies from the vehicle to the work site. Clear the work site by moving furniture and equipment and restore the work site to the original configuration when the job is complete.
2. Perform restoration that involves carpet repair and carpet, upholstery and drapery cleaning. Perform all work to meet or exceed applicable federal, state and local regulations and company and customer standards.
3. Perform regular cleaning services of carpets, upholstery and draperies on an as needed basis.
4. Establish and maintain a service schedule to ensure all service is delivered to meet customer requirements.
5. Follow all Environmental Protection Agency and other applicable federal, state and local regulations for disposal of waste water and chemicals.
6. Comply with all verbal and written safety practices including the use and maintenance of personal protective equipment. Read and comprehend all applicable MSDS’s for chemicals that require special handling and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
7. Maintain all assigned vehicles and equipment to Company published standards.
8. Solicit current customers for leads to develop leads for new customers.
9. Develop new business by calling on individuals and businesses in response to leads generated from calls made by the Customer Service Representative and referrals from customers and others.
10. Perform other duties as required. These duties may include job functions that are outside the scope of normal job duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Have mid-level computer skills and be familiar with Windows operating systems and email.
2. Functional understanding of smart phones.
3. Aptitude for learning new technology and software easily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED equivalent; or up to 2 years of related experience or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain a valid CA driver license with clean records. Prefer to have the following certifications: WRT and/or FSRT.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and at times will be required to wear a respirator and protective clothing.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your resume with cover letter to .